Totalul afișărilor de pagină

28 apr. 2014

Forget about the Fear of Failure (FFF)

          Ayn Rand once said, “Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to achievement of your values.”  I believe that values are important, moral ones that is, for I believe that without them we would not be worthy of calling ourselves human beings. You see, we have been gifted with the capacity of choosing what we want to do and that should, by all means, only make us want to gain as many good qualities as possible. 
         There are times in our life when we feel insecure, when we tend to doubt ourselves and truthfully believe that we are not worth as much as people give us credit for. We lose our faith in both what we are capable of doing and in what we could do. Sadly, if not all of us then most go through that phase at least once in our lifetime, but it only feels like a burden because we let it be that way. In the end it only pushes us up to the point when, without realizing, we’ve gathered even more moral values, mastered things we never thought we could or simply find ourselves in the position of being that I-never-imagined-I-could-do-this type of person.  As shocking as it may seem, we all are good at something. 
         Once, a friend of mine was wondering what he was good at and he wanted my opinion. Avoiding giving him an absolute cliché as an answer, I became speechless and wanted to avoid the subject as quickly as possible.  The only thing that came to my mind in that moment was that I wanted to tell him something so nice that I would’ve restarted that burning desire of wanting to live in him. Unfortunately I failed. Here’s the tricky part about it. You think of what you’re good at and then you think that you are good at several other things as well. You are patient, loving, and honest and whatever other quality comes to your mind but you don’t own them all, and here’s where the fear of not being good enough takes over.  
        I am for sure not the most suitable person to give advice, because I am still in a constant battle with myself and my inner demons, but there’s one thing I know for sure. A saying that’s been passed throughout generations sounds something like this: A grandmother once told her daughter to tell her child that no matter what her grandchild would do he should never let his children doubt themselves when it came to what they’re capable of. This is the myth of the triple F royal blooded ones (The fierce most fearless family) or maybe just an unique way for me to show off my vast imagination. Unfortunately, it is not only useful, but also contributes to my self-destruction.  
         The truth of the matter is, you can't keep closing your eyes hoping that you'll become invisible and that your doubts will go away. Even if you like it or not, you'll be forced to grow up and you won't be kept on a pedestal forever. I am close to being one hundred percent sure that we all have great moral values even if we don’t realize it at the time being. For what it’s worth, I do plan on conquering this war I’m involved in. If the achievement of my happiness is the only moral purpose of my life, and that happiness not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of my moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of my loyalty to achievement of my values, then I believe I have a cause worth fighting for.   

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu