Totalul afișărilor de pagină

15 oct. 2012

The revelation of a drunk man


      

     Pardon me for being a little dizzy but I have been trying to stop being sad by drinking. I must tell you something really important before I go to sleep or probably black out so please listen carefully.  So I took a couple of drinks with some friends of mine some hours back and they started this weird conversation about some man called Malcom X that once said: “A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything”.
     I have been thinking about this sentence and I honestly, tried to interpret its meaning in a positive way but the truth of the matter is I actually cannot. The thing is, as much as you’d revolve around this idea you can understand its basic meaning which would be the one that a man, a human being that does not believe in anything and does not have faith in anything will be falling for everything. Yet again, you could debate on this idea saying that it could mean a simple balance between two things, a mistake (not standing for anything) and a consequence (not being able to avoid falling for anything).
    I believe this sentence highlights the main goal a man should be aiming for, the one about having to trust someone, not being alone and actually do the exact opposite that the quote says because if you get to think about it, there is no man in the entire world that has never stood up for anything in his life! You can never be that one man that falls for anything for God has left you with your own judgment in order to avoid situations alike.  So tell me now, what would do a man that stood for anything and fell for nothing at all? Would that be a better alternative?  Wouldn’t that make him cold hearted and unreachable? Wouldn’t that be awful?
    So be that man that stands for something! Stand for the things you desire most because it’s worth it. Be like this and you will certainly not be falling for anything.

Cheers!!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu